Acceptable Use Policy
Saint Elizabeth University provides email services to University staff, faculty, and students for the purpose of supporting academic and administrative functions. The following information and policies apply to all University email services and their use.
- All email data stored on the University servers or on third party mail servers managing STEU email is the property of Saint Elizabeth University.
- The University respects the privacy of users' email, however, access to email data may be granted to law enforcement agencies to assist in an investigation. Access may also be granted for the University's Human Resources department with the written approval of a University Vice President or the University President.
- Deletion of email messages may not remove all traces of the message.
- The University is not liable for lost or deleted email.
- Sending excessive email messages to fill users' disk space or to annoy users is prohibited.
- The use of email to send or forward material unrelated to University business is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: advertisements, stories, jokes, chain letters or unsolicited commercial email.
- The use of email to send or forward sensitive or protected information is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: social security numbers and financial account information such as bank account or credit card numbers.
- The University provides several global mail lists for targeting messages to staff, faculty, and students. These mail lists are solely for the purpose of distributing important information relating to service outages, early closings, health or security threats, and so forth.
- Student email accounts will be deleted one year after graduation or after one year of inactivity with the University, where inactivity is defined as being withdrawn from all classes or not enrolled in any classes.
- email accounts are provided for current students, faculty, staff and long term contractors.